Last Updated: June 2021
WineryConnect respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit the Website or use the Application. It also describes our practices for collecting, using, disclosing, maintaining, and protecting that information.
· On the SavorConnect website, https://savorconnect.com/
· On the SavorConnect application
Please bear in mind that use of the Website and Application is at all times subject to the SavorConnect Terms and Conditions, which is available at https://savorconnect.com/terms.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
We collect and may transmit personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us through the Website or Application (“Personal Data”). Personal Data that we collect, use, and transmit may include, but is not necessarily limited to: your first and last name, your mailing address, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your company name, your job title, information contained in any e-mail or other communication you send to us, information you give to us in any other way and any other identifier that permits us to identify or contact you. Personal Data also includes information provided at the time of registration for SavorConnect, or when you subscribe to our newsletter, or request services from us.
We may also collect, use, and transmit information that is about you but does not individually identify you. This includes Personal Data that is anonymized such that it no longer identifies you. Described in depth below, this may also include statistical and analytical data relating to Website and/or Application usage; and information about your internet connection, browser, and the device you use to access the Website or Application.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us
· Automatically as you navigate through the Website or Application
· From third parties, such our business partners and customers
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website or Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. Data about how you access and use the Website and Application may be collected from you automatically when you access or interact with the Website and Application (“Usage Data”). Usage Data includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
· Details of your visits to the Website or Application, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data, as well as the resources and pages you access and use during your visit.
· Information about the date and time of your visit, the pages you access, the time spent on those pages, the name of your Internet Service Provider, your device’s Internet Protocol address (“IP address”), the type of browser or application you are using to access the Website, the browser version and operating system, the Internet address from which you linked to the Website or Application, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
· Information regarding the device(s) you use to access or use the Website and Application.
· When you download, access, and use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
o Usage Details. When you use or access the Application we may collect details about your access, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data
o Device Information. We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access and use the Application. We may also collect information about the internet connection, your device’s unique identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number or email address, where applicable.
o Stored Information and Files. The Application may also access metadata and other information associated with the other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information. Depending on your device and its operating system, you may be able to limit the Application’s access to certain files.
o Location Information. We may use geofencing or other location-based services to send you personalized content or other notifications.
Usage Data may be used to analyze trends, administer the Website and Application, and gather broad demographic data for aggregate use. This data may be maintained or associated with other information we collect in other ways, including Personal Data. Usage Data helps us operate and improve the Website and Application which we are always doing in an effort to provide you with the best possible user experience.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Cookies. To collect Usage Data, we may use “cookies” or other tracking technologies to track how you use the Website. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your computer or device. When you visit the Website or Application again, the cookie allows the Website or Application to recognize your browser.
· Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, Application, and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as “web beacons” (i.e. “web bugs,” “pixel-tags,” “single-pixel GIFs” or “clear GIFs”). Among other things, web beacons allow us to gather anonymized, aggregated information about the Website and Application, for example, to count users who have visited certain pages, record the popularity of certain content on the Application, and verify system and server integrity.
If you do not wish to receive cookies or web beacons, you may instruct your web browser to refuse all cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain features of the Website and/or Application.
Some of the content on the Website or Application is created and served by third-parties, including business partners, customers, content providers, and website and application providers. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website or Application. The information they collect may be associated with other Personal Data. We do not control the practices of third parties’ with respect to their use of tracking technologies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Most of the information we collect is provided directly by you when you use or access the Website and/or Application. Information, including Personal Data and Usage Data, is collected and used for our legitimate business interests or for those of our business partners or customers.
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Data and Usage Data, to:
· Provide, operate, and monitor the Application
· Ensure the Website and Application are relevant to your needs
· Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
· Connect you with wineries, breweries, distilleries and other establishments owned or operated by WineryConnect customers and introduce you to products you may be interested in
· Send your information to wineries, breweries, distilleries and other establishments owned or operated by WineryConnect customers you have visited, interacted with, or may be interested in
· Send you promotional communications such as newsletters, special offers and general information, provided you have not opted out of receiving such communications
· Send you information or contact you about a product or service you are using or that we believe may be of interest to you
· Provide customer support and respond to the requests you direct to us
· Send you notifications and provide you with information about your SavorConnect account
· Notify you about changes to the Website, Application, or any services or products we offer or provide through the Website or Application
· Allow you to use interactive features on the Website or Application
· Maintain the quality of our services
· Detect, prevent, and remedy technical issues
· Generate and analyze statistics regarding the use of the Website and Application so that we can improve their quality and make them more beneficial to you
· For any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Your Information
We may use and share anonymized data (i.e. non-personal, de-identified information that cannot be used to identify you) for any lawful business purpose without any obligation or accounting to you. For example, we may use anonymized data to develop products and services that we intend to provide to you as well as other users, our winery customers, and third parties. We may use Personal Data to generate anonymized data. When we do so, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that anonymized data is no longer personally identifiable and cannot later be used to identify you. We may also disclose aggregate anonymized data in a de-identified format to our winery customers, investors, and potential partners.
We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to share information, including Personal Data and Usage Data, with them to provide services to you. We may hire a third party to host the Website or Application or perform advertising services for us. For example, we use Magento, an e-commerce platform to host certain portions of the Website. Unless we tell you differently, they do not have any right to use your Personal Data beyond what is necessary to assist us. When applicable, these parties are generally required to refrain from using Personal Data or Usage Data for any reason other than to provide the services requested by us.
· To service providers, including website or application providers
· To subsidiaries and/or affiliates
· To our business partners
· To our winery, brewery, distillery and other customers
· To those who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order
· To our business partners
· To potential investors
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, and for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide it
We may also disclose your personal information:
· At the request of law enforcement or to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
· To defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law
· To protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, users, or any other person
· To investigate or prevent your violation of any contractual or other relationship you have with us
Disclosure Through Business Transfers
We may buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses and in so doing, acquire or transfer information. The Personal Data collected through the Website or Application may be among the transferred business assets. In the event that a portion or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, your Personal Data would likely be a transferred business asset, and you hereby agree to such a transfer.
Protection of Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Data is very important to us. We have implemented appropriate administrative, physical, and technical security measures designed to secure Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, it is important to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure.
We restrict access to Personal Data to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know the information in order to process it on our behalf. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. While we use commercially reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with the Website or Application, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful. We do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that our safeguards will protect the total privacy of Personal Data or Usage Data. If an applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your Personal Data, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standard used to measure our compliance with this duty.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Website or Application, such as the SavorConnect platform, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. Protecting your account login credentials (i.e. your username and password) from unauthorized access is your responsibility. You may not share your login credentials with any third party. We recommend that you log out after accessing your account, change your password on a periodic basis, and limit access to your computer or device and its browser.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Website or the Application. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. WE CANNOT AND DO NOT ENSURE, REPRESENT, WARRANT, OR GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR APPLICATION. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or the Application.
In the event of any data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to contact you, and will do so using the contact information you provide us via the Website or Application wherever possible.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your information for as long as is required by law, or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes. However, we do not undertake any retention obligations not imposed by law. We may dispose of your information in our sole discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires certain handling, retention, or disposition of your information. It is your responsibility to retain a copy of any records you wish to maintain.
The Website or Application may contain links to other websites or applications. Please be aware that WineryConnect is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites or applications. Even if an affiliation or business relationship exists between WineryConnect and a third-party website or application, each third-party is responsible for its own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. While we expect our customers and affiliates to respect the privacy of our users, customers, and visitors, we cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties. We encourage you to consult the privacy policies of third parties before providing your Personal Data and whenever interacting with any third party website or application.
Age of Consent
This Website and Application are not intended for use by those under the age of 21, nor are they targeted to those under the age of 21. If you use the Website or Application, you hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 21 years of age. No one under the age of 21 may provide any information to or on the Website or Application. We do not knowingly collect personal information from those under the age of 21, nor do we knowingly sell or otherwise disclose the personal information of those under the age of 21. If you are under the age of 21, do not (i) use or provide any information on the Website or Application or through any of their features, (ii) use any of the interactive or fillable features of the Website or Application, or (iii) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone address, e-mail address or any other information that could be used to identify you. Any information we receive from users we believe to be under the age of 21 will be purged from our database.